RCGS Resolute is a purpose-built polar expedition vessel designed for comfort and safety at sea. Built-in 1993 and refurbished for 2018, the ice-strengthened vessel features the highest ice class available to travel as far into the ice as possible with unmatched stability and superior speed advantages.
The ship is modern and well appointed, with 74 cabins each featuring private en suite bathrooms and exterior portholes or windows; the ship is spacious and one of the most luxurious at sea for polar exploration. On-board facilities include a bar and lounge featuring 180-degree views, a well-stocked library and two dining rooms. There’s also a theatre-style presentation room, gift shop and wellness centre.
- Accommodates 146 passengers and 100 crew
- 14 Zodiac vessels
- Ice-strengthened hull – class 1AS
- Open bridge policy
- Two restaurants, one with a bistro-style menu
- Satellite ship-to-shore communications
- English-speaking doctor on board
- Gym, saltwater plunge pool, Jacuzzi, sauna, massage, steam room
- Expedition clothing loan for duration of voyage includes jacket, trousers and boots