Argentina Self-drive: Buenos Aires, Patagonia and the Wine Region
Enjoy the freedom of a self-drive holiday to Argentina, with 12 nights discovering the Latin-fuelled energy of Buenos Aires, sophisticated Salta with its showy architecture, the fertile wine regions of Cafayate and the kaleidoscopic hills of Purmamarca and Humahuaca. You’ll then experience the wonders of Patagonia, including the ever-encroaching mass of the Perito Moreno glacier.
- Take in the spectacular scenery as you drive along Argentina’s wide open roads
- Experience the colourful, cultural clash of Buenos Aires’ many barrios
- Sample full-bodied wines in the vineyards around Cafayate
- View the immense Perito Moreno glacier up close during a stay in Patagonia
- Stroll among the plazas and folk music bars of elegant Salta
Day 1 – Arrive in Buenos Aires
Flying to Buenos Aires, you’ll spend two nights in the city that’s described as the ‘Paris of the South’ for good reason. Its wide, elegant streets are lined with Art Nouveau buildings leading to open plazas, and leafy parks designed for strolling.